This Usage Agreement (this “Agreement”) governs your conduct while using various services on these Web sites, located at www.CampgroundViews.com and www.RVParkViews.com (collectively, the “Site”), operated by CampgroundViews.com. (“CampgroundViews”). This Agreement applies to various services and activities on the Site as well as the CampgroundViews product reviews and ratings service (“Review Service”) which is accessible through the Site and those of third parties (“Third Party Sites”). Please read this Policy carefully.
BY ACCESSING, BROWSING AND USING THE SITE, ANY SERVICE THEREIN, OR CAMPGROUNDVIEWS’S REVIEW SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT AND ITS TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY SUBSEQUENT MODIFICATION THEREOF, DO NOT ACCESS, BROWSE OR OTHERWISE USE THE SITE OR THE REVIEW SERVICE, INCLUDING THE SUBMISSION OF ANY REVIEWS OR COMMENTS.
Other Applicable Terms
You are solely responsible for all content that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via or to the Site or the Review Service, including the submission of product ratings and reviews and all other data, documents, text, software, applications, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, ratings, forum postings, comments or other materials (collectively, “Content”).
CampgroundViews, as a provider of interactive services, provides the Review Service, the Site, and the applications and services therein as a forum only. CampgroundViews is not liable for any statements, representations, or Content provided by its users in any public forum on the Site or any Third Party Site, including without limitation in the Review Service. Any reviews and ratings submitted to the Review Service, if displayed, are displayed for entertainment and informational purposes only. More generally, Content posted via or on the Site or Third Party Site, including the Review Service, is not controlled by CampgroundViews. CampgroundViews cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Review Service, you may be exposed to Content that may be offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will CampgroundViews be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Site or Review Service.
With respect to your conduct on the Site or while using the Review Service, you agree not to:
- harm minors in any manner;
- attempt to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted to the Review Service whether through the Site or any Third Party Site;
- act in any manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to use the Review Service;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, without limitation, a Site moderator or a manufacturer or owner of any product, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- interfere with the Site or Review Services, or servers or networks connected to the Site or Review Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site or Review Services;
- upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that:
- with respect the Review Service, is not relevant to the product, service, person or entity being reviewed;
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as, but not limited to, inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any person or entity; or
- is unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
Ownership of Ratings and Reviews and Video
By transmitting product or service ratings or reviews or Video (collectively, “Reviews”) to the Review Service, you hereby (a) irrevocably assign and transfer to CampgroundViews all of your rights, title and interest, on a worldwide basis, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights and moral rights, in and to such Reviews; (b) to the extent the preceding assignment and transfer is ineffective, grant CampgroundViews an exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual and fully sublicensable and transferable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display such Reviews throughout the universe in any media, now known or hereafter devised; (c) grant CampgroundViews, its affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name, identifier, or any portion thereof, submitted in connection with such Reviews, if they so choose; and (d) represent and warrant that (i) such Reviews are either original to you, or all third party rights have been fully cleared for use as contemplated by this Agreement; (ii) such Reviews do and will not, in any way, violate or breach any of the terms of this Agreement, and (iii) CampgroundViews shall not in any circumstance be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of its use or exploitation of the Reviews.
Without limiting the foregoing, once Reviews are submitted to CampgroundViews, CampgroundViews may take any or no action with respect to such Reviews, including, without limitation, deleting, editing, modifying, rejecting, or refusing to post such Reviews. Further, operator’s of Third Party Sites may elect to delete, edit, modify, reject or refuse to post Reviews on their sites. CampgroundViews may, but is under no obligation to, offer you the opportunity to edit, delete or otherwise modify Reviews once the Reviews have been submitted to CampgroundViews. CampgroundViews shall have no duty to attribute authorship of Reviews to you, and shall not be obligated to enforce any form of attribution by third parties.
Waiver of Moral Rights
If, despite the foregoing assignment and transfer of rights in the Reviews, it is determined that you retain moral rights (including rights of attribution or integrity) in the Reviews, you hereby declare that (a) you do not require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the Reviews, or any derivative works of or upgrades or updates thereto; (b) you have no objection to the publication, use, modification, deletion and exploitation of the Reviews by CampgroundViews or its licensees, successors and assigns; (c) you forever waive and agree not to claim or assert any entitlement to any and all moral rights of an author in any of the Reviews; and (d) you forever release CampgroundViews, and its licensees, successors and assigns, from any claims that you could otherwise assert against CampgroundViews by virtue of any such moral rights.
System and Network Security and Integrity
You are prohibited from violating the security of any system or network comprising the Site or the Review Service. Such violations may result in criminal and civil liability. Examples of system or network security violations include, without limitation, the following:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Site or Review Service or to breach security or authentication measures.
- Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on the Site or Review Service.
- Interference with the Site or Review Service including, without limitation, any type of flooding technique or deliberate attempt to overload a system such as denial of service attacks.
- Forging of any packet header, e-mail header or any part of a message header. This prohibition does not include the use of aliases or anonymous remailers.
- Using manual or electronic means to avoid any use or access limitations placed on this Site or the Review Service.
INDIRECT OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, AND ACTUAL OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS THEREOF BY A THIRD PARTY ON BEHALF OF ANY USER, SHALL BE CONSIDERED VIOLATIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT BY SUCH USER.
If you want to report any violations of this Agreement, please contact us at the following address or email us at contact@CampgroundViews.com:
Safe Harbor: The United State Department of Commerce and the European Commission have agreed on a set of data protection principles and frequently asked questions (FAQ) to enable U.S. companies to satisfy European Union (EU) law requirements for adequate protection of personal information transferred from the EEA to the United States. The privacy principles in this policy are based on the Safe Harbor Principles and CampgroundViews adheres to the Safe Harbor Principles as outlined below.
Information We Collect
We collect “personal information” about users of the Site and the Review Service in the normal course of our business. As used in this Policy, “personal information” is information that identifies or is capable of being associated with an identifiable person. Some examples of personal information include a user’s name, address, and email address. Personal information does not include aggregate information or de-identified information. “Aggregate information” is information about the use of the Site, such as information collected about Site users, or a category of services or users, from which any personal information has been removed. An example of aggregate information would be a report stating that forty-seven percent of the Site’s registered users identify themselves as male.
Most of the personal information we receive comes directly from users who register on the Site, use the Review Service or who otherwise voluntarily provide information to us in connection with various activities on the Site or Review Service. The information we request at registration includes, without limitation, e-mail address, and user selected username. We may also collect other types of information during registration or in connection with your other activities on the Site, such as demographic information (including, without limitation, your age, occupation, and income) and information about or contained in postings you make in forums or any other interactive areas of the Site, your answers to surveys, your participation in sweepstakes, contests, games and promotional offers; and in any email request you send us for any reason (such as to request customer service or provide us with comments or feedback). Also, we request your email address when you submit a product or service review using the Review Service (whether through our Site or a Third Party Site) and if you provide it, we send an email message to you confirming that you submitted the review.
We also automatically collect some information when you use the Site or Review Service. We log your IP address. If you reached the Site by clicking on a link or advertisement on another site, we also log that information. This helps us understand our users’ interests and maximize our online exposure. All of this information is collected and used only as aggregate information; that is, it is entered into our database, where we can use it to generate overall reports on our users, but not individual reports that identify you personally.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
Additionally, we may use, and may allow third parties to use, Web beacons on the Site and Review Service to monitor the effectiveness of advertising or for other legitimate purposes. Web beacons, also known as “Web bugs,” are small, graphic images on Web pages or Web-based documents or in email messages that allow us or third parties to monitor who is visiting the Site or Review Service. Web beacons collect the IP address of the computer that the Web beacon is sent to, the URL of the page the Web beacon comes from and the time it was viewed. Web beacons may be linked to your personal information.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect to:
- contact you for administrative purposes or provide you with customer service;
- complete transactions requested by you or to verify that you have submitted a review to our Review Service;
- respond to any questions, problems or complaints, or request feedback;
- organize the Site and Review Service to better serve you and customize or develop our products and services; and
- send you emails pertaining to our verification process, our policies, and content that you submit.
- to investigate and help prevent potentially unlawful activity or activity that threatens the network or otherwise violates the Usage Agreement;
Personal information provided on our Site or through the Review Service may be linked together or merged with other personal information we obtain about you so that we may better understand your needs and inform you about our products or services and those of our business partners. In addition, if we receive personal information from third parties with whom we have business relationships, we may combine this information with the other personal information we maintain about you. In either case, this Policy governs this information.
Disclosure of Information
If you provide us with personal information through a Third Party Site, we may share such information with such Third Party Site for their internal business purposes and we generally require such Third Party Sites to comply with this Policy. In addition, we may also share personal information with third parties for such third parties’ (or other third parties’) marketing purposes; however, we provide you with the choice of opting-out of such disclosures (please see “Choice and Access” below).
Information about our users, the Site and the Review Service is a business asset of CampgroundViews. Therefore, information about our users, including personal information, will be disclosed as part of any (a) merger or acquisition, (b) creation of a separate business to provide the Site or our Review Service, or to provide other services or fulfill products; (c) debt financing, sale or pledge of company assets, or (d) insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information would be transferred as one of CampgroundViews’s business assets.
We may release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant or court order); to enforce or apply our policies or any other agreement with a user; to initiate, render, bill, and collect for amounts owed to us; to protect our rights or property; to protect our users from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of our Site or its services; to enforce contest, sweepstakes, promotions, or game rules; or if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay.
Choice and Access
We provide our users with the ability to “opt-in” to receiving certain communications from us or having their information disclosed to third parties by indicating their preferences at the time of registration. If such user later wishes to change these preferences or access, change or delete their personal information we provide the following options:
To “opt-out” of receiving promotional e-mail from us, you can; (a) send an email to contact@CampgroundViews.com with your request; or (b) click on the “unsubscribe” link in the email you receive from us.
- To “opt-out” of receiving promotional mailings from us, you can: (a) send an email to contact@CampgroundViews.com with your request; or (b) write to us at CampgroundViews 2219 E Thousand Oaks BLVD 355 Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
- To “opt-out” of disclosure to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you can: (a) send an email to contactt@CampgroundViews.com with your request; or (b) write to us at CampgroundViews 2219 E Thousand Oaks BLVD 355 Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
Please note that opting out of receiving communications from us will not prevent you from receiving administrative communications, such as those concerning the operation of the Site or Review Service or about a review you have submitted.
We do not intend, and the Site is not designed, to collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years old, you should not register with or otherwise provide personal information to our Site or the Review Service.
We use reasonable security measures in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. We cannot, however, guarantee protection of all information against interception, misappropriation, misuse, or alteration, or that your information may be not be disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others. Furthermore, we have no control over the security of other sites you might visit, interact with or do business with.
We will modify this Policy if our privacy practices materially change in the future. We will notify you of such changes only by posting the new policy on our Site and indicating at the top of the Policy the date it was last updated. We encourage you to review the Policy each time you visit our Site or Review Service to see if it has been updated since your last visit to make sure you understand how personal information you provide will be used.
Questions / Additional Information
If you have any questions about this Policy, or the practices of or your dealings with the Site or Review Service, please contact us at the following address or email us at contact@CampgroundViews.com.